Ministry Schedule: Lent Easter Pentecost Schedule 2016
Remember if you are unable to serve your appointed time, please request a sub. Please try to request your sub early in the week if possible. This schedule is the original schedule and will not reflect any switches.
Altar Servers – The role of the server is to assist the priest during the celebration of the Mass and at other liturgical celebrations. Our servers work in pairs at the weekend Masses of their choice approximately once every few weeks. Servers prepare the sanctuary for the Liturgy, assist in preparation of the gifts during Mass, and insure the sanctuary is in order after the liturgical celebration.
The main commitments are to be faithful to your schedule and to be attentive at Mass. Training is provided through the Parish. If you are in Grades 4 and up, and have received your First Holy Communion, you are invited to participate in this very helpful and rewarding ministry. Contact the office for more information.
Eucharistic Ministers – The purpose of this ministry is to distribute communion at Mass each weekend, each holy day, and on other special occasions. The ministry is open to all confirmed Catholics in good standing with the Church and requires a commitment to a regular assignment at Mass. All ministers are to be certified through the Diocese, and training is provided by the Parish. For more information, contact the Parish Office.
Effective September 2015 – click here for new Eucharistic Minister Guidelines Guidelines for Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist
Click here for a copy of the Diocesan Norms for Eucharistic Ministers: NormsCommunionMinistersRevised1109
Greeters /Ushers – The ministers of hospitality, Greeters and Ushers, assist the Parish community at our weekend and special Masses in a variety of ways. Their job is to make sure those that gather for liturgy feel welcome and comfortable. They also assist the Parish by monitoring the communion procession, taking up our offertory collection and distributing bulletins. Contact the Parish Office for more information or to sign up.
Lectors – The Lectors proclaim the readings at Parish Liturgies and recite the General Intercessions. A schedule is set up which rotates lectors on a regular basis at a Mass time of your choice. Preparation for reading is done independently the week before an assigned Mass. A workbook (published each year) is supplied by the Parish to assist in the preparation. Volunteers for this ministry should be able to speak comfortably and with confidence before the assembly. Contact the Parish Office to sign up.
Liturgical Musicians – Since Vatican II, the role of music ministry now belongs to the congregation. The purpose of the choirs, cantors, and keyboard accompaniment artists is to help the assembly worship through prayer and song. The commitment of time varies with each ministry.
- Cantors – Cantors are scheduled to lead assembly singing at Mass of your choice. Cantors are supplied with all music materials and have cantor meetings to review music. Cantors are expected to arrive one half hour before Mass to warm up. Contact Marion Siebert at 724-864-6364 for more information or to audition. Cantor practice will be held on the last Monday of the month in the church at 7:00 pm. The next practice will be Monday, October 27.
- Adult Choir – under the direction of Music Director, Marion Siebert, the choir is responsible for singing at 11:00 Mass on weekends, as well as special liturgies (ex: Holy week). Rehearsal is held once a week. All music parts are needed. Contact Marion at email@example.com.
- Adult Handbell Choir – under the direction of Music Director, Marion Siebert, the handbell choir performs at selected weekend Masses and/or liturgies throughout the year. No music reading experience is necessary. If you know your left from your right hand and can count to 4, you can be taught how to ring. Rehearsals are held weekly.
- Young Voices Children’s Choir – this youth choir is comprised of young people 2nd grade and up. The choir sings primarily at the 8:30 am Mass every other Sunday, along with the 6:00 pm Christmas Eve Mass, in addition to other celebrations from October through May. Rehearsals are held every other Tuesday evening at 6:30 pm in the church. Young musicians with at least 2 years experience of playing an instrument are welcomed to share their talents in accompanying the choir. The Young Voices Choir is a great way to experience singing, serving God, and socializing with other young parishioners! Contact Diana Mikash, Young Voices Choir Director at 724-864-5972 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Young Voices Handbell Choir – This choir is made up of children from the Young Voices Children’s Choir. They ring at various liturgies throughout the year, including Christmas Eve and Easter season. Reading music is not required for this ministry.
- Resurrection Choir – The Resurrection Choir sings for all Parish funerals. No special rehearsals are held; just arrive approximately 1/2 hour before each funeral to become familiar with the music. For men and women who are available during the day, this is a very fulfilling way to serve our Parish families in their time of need. Contact Diana Mikash at 724-864-5972 or email@example.com for more information.